21 April 2014

Just one shot

I have posted this photo both on instagram and on Facebook, so for those of you who follow me on both I apologise for sharing it again. The story behind it is one I want to record though...

"Can we get a picture?" I asked him without any real option for him to say no.
He rolled his eyes with that half smile on his lips. The smile that says, 'you make me laugh with your insistance on photographing everything.'
He is a kind man and agreed as he has so often before.

I ran to place the phone on the ground, on its side.
He laughed as I stepped away from it and it promptly fell over. I told him I would get the better of the phone and dug a groove for it to sit in.
He rolled his eyes again and made me promise that I wouldn't make him sit or lie on the sand just to get that photo.
Thankfully for him I didn't have that in mind.

We set the timer and took our usual photo. Arms around each other, smiling at the phone.
It was good, it's always a good shot. But not quite magic.
"I have an idea" I muttered and he again gave me that half exasperated, half amused look as I ran back to reset the phone.
"Catch and spin" I said as I started to run towards him.

In a moment those strong arms had lifted me off my feet and around we went, both laughing, sea and sky and sand blurring into one.
"How do we know when the timer has gone?" he asked still spinning, "we don't" I said between laughs!
We span until the ground swayed and we ended up in a heap on the sand, giggling away.

"I have no idea what that will have turned out like." I said to him.
"it will probably just be us in a dizzy heap on the ground" he laughed.
I ran back to the phone.

It was one shot. One attempt and by pure luck I got my magic.

Later in the week I am going to share a few thoughts on how I try and capture photos of the boy and me together both with the iPhone and with the SLR. Stay tuned! 

15 comments:

Mishiee said...

This is absolutely sweet and the story just makes it all more magical.

Kirsty.A said...

Lovely - both the photo and the story

debs14 said...

That was a very lucky shot! The timing of it was perfect.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Adorable! The story and the shot!

Sian said...

So lovely :)

H said...

Fab shot - can't wait for more ideas, we're rubbish at taking pictures of both of us!

Heather

Amy said...

This is a great shot Abi and I know I don't get enough photos of TE and I together.

Karen said...

And magic it is!!!

scrappyjacky said...

It's just wonderful,Abi.

Julia said...

Such a brilliant shot! Well done for your spontaneity and your sweet story x

alexa said...

Ahhhh :). Just lovely ... Beautifully told too.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, that's lovely Abi :o)

Maria Ontiveros said...

It is magic! And I'm looking forward to the posts.
Rinda

Maria Ontiveros said...

It is magic! And I'm looking forward to the posts.
Rinda

Nathalie said...

Oh, I love this so much! Truly magical!